Sunday, August 28, 2011

10 yrs

i love to dance. i may not always be on beat and i don't stray too far from the 2-step. but... i love to dance.

oc decadence 2011 didn't live up to the hype this year as so many of my friends stated.  so to make the best of the night, we hit up a swanky lil bar down the street.  the decor was upscale, but the crowd was down to earth.  the DJ was on point.  he's playing hip hop!?  OMGYG, BBD's poison just came on... dancefloor... STAT!  flashback... take me back to when the club was jumpin b'coz the music was good. it was a great night.

then the rude awakening came in and slapped me back into the 21st century. my girl friend met a boy who was just 22 yrs old. TWENTY-TWO. that makes me 10 years older than him. TEN YEARS!

so, how old is too old for the club or bar scene?  is age really just a number when it comes to dancing and drinking?  whether i'm 22, 32, or 42... i think i'd still enjoy a GNO at a local bar or club with good music, good company, and strong drinks. my age does not define me or my interests.  just because i turn 50 doesn't mean i'm buying a rocking chair and taking up crocheting because it "suits" my age.  eff that!  BUT with age does come a sense of maturity... a different perspective and level of respect for yourself, your company, and those around you. i'm truly young at heart and to this day i still don't think i know how to act my age.  you're only as old as you feel... and i'm feeling mighty young... so... let's dance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment