Saturday, October 8, 2011

weighing in

so, a few weeks ago i posted this and decided to cut out sugary and starchy carbs. well, after procrastinating for 2 wks... i finally started... and 4 weeks later ... i lost 11lbs. *happy dance*

eliminating some of my favorite foods was tough b'coz i love food... eliminating alcohol was even harder. but, i love me more. and i miss my skinny jeans and my waist very very much... it's been awhile since we last hung out and strutted our stuff. so... no pastas, rice, bread, cereal, cupcakes, cookies, chips, or even FRUIT! for 3 weeks. i ate all the veggies, lean meats, and fish my taste buds can tolerate. surprisingly, it was not difficult to find snacks and meals that fit with my diet. add a lil circuit training and 24 hour fitness turbo kick classes and you've got yourself a well established and guaranteed to lose weight diet & exercise program. ta-da! it's that easy...

... not. yeah, giving up the really good part of food kinda sucked... but not fitting into that dress i've been eyeing at bebe is absolutely devastating and nearing borderline depression. so... i guess i had to ask myself that question... what would you rather have? the delicious macaroni & cheese topped with chicken and buffalo hot sauce from elbows... or to wear a size 5 again. I'LL TAKE LATTER PLEASE. sure, i can have any comfort food satisfy my palette for the next hour. but, it'll take me yet another week to lose that pound i just gained. so, my diet began... and it won't stop until my eyes are satisfied with what it sees in the mirror... and my waist is satisfied with the size of jeans that wrap around my legs and hips.

it's great seeing results. and the scale isn't the only result i rely on to keep me going... the energy... the small definition and toned muscles that i swear to god i see peeking out... the ability to have a full and good night of sleep... the confidence... the clarity... the cleansing feeling from eating naturally good foods rather than processed fast food. changing how you eat is truly a positive lifestyle change. i can't wait to see where i'll be in another 4 weeks!

"motivation is what gets you started. habit is what keeps you going."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment